Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
JUNIOR VICE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF
The purpose of the office of Junior Vice Commander-in-Chief (JVC-in-C) is to promote membership (recruitment and retention) in the Order.
The activities of the Junior Vice Commander-in-Chief should include the responsibilities
- Conduct the National Organization's advertisement campaign to promote the Order.
- (A) Prepare promotional & recruitment advertisements for various forms of media.
- (B) Place advertisements, so as to maximize exposure, from the budgeted sum.
- (C) Coordinate payment of advertisement orders by the National Treasurer.
- Conduct and modify as needed the National Organization's Membership Recruitment Program.
(A) Serve as the national contact for the Order, for membership inquiries resulting from responses to the recruitment advertisements and from visitors to the Order's Internet Web site.
(B) Contact prospective applicants responding to the advertisements and the Order's Internet Web site, providing them with a synopsis of the Order's organization and informing them that their name will be referred to the nearest Department, Camp-at-Large or the National Membership-at-Large for follow up.
(C) Send a Welcome Letter to new Brothers who join the Order via the Internet website application. The letter should confirm membership and inform the new Brother of the name and address of the Junior Vice Department Commander, Camp-at-Large JVC, or the National Membership-at-Large (NMAL) Coordinator to whom the new Brother's application, ancestor's honorable service record, and check/money order will be forwarded.
(D) Check periodically to ensure that Department/Camp-at-Large Junior Vice Commanders and the NMAL Coordinator are following up with applicant referrals and new Brothers who joined via the Internet application.
(E) Refer to the NMAL Coordinator all applicants who are not contacted by a Camp-at-Large Junior Vice Commander within 4 weeks of the initial referral.
(F) Keep accurate records of all referrals.
(G) Provide the National Headquarters of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (Executive Director, SCV, P.O. Box 59, Columbia, TN 38402-0059) with the name and address of the JVC-in-C for SUVCW membership inquiries
- Serve as the chair of the National Committee on Membership.
- Serve on the National Council of Administration.
- Perform the responsibilities of the Senior Vice Commander-in-Chief in his absence, and in the absence of both the Commander-in-Chief and the SVC-in-C, perform the duties of the Commander-in-Chief.
- Prepare periodic status reports on the activities of the JVC-in-C to be presented to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Council of Administration.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations ("C&R"), Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
- Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the Junior Vice Commander-in-Chief.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers