- The 132nd Encampment of the Department of New York, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War will be held on May 1 to 3, 2015 at the Holiday Inn, 232 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY. A 9:00 AM business meeting is scheduled for Saturday, May 2, 2015, which will be conducted under Roberts Rules of Order. The business session will follow the Order of Business for Department Encampments (page 25) in the Ritual and Ceremonies, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War Blue Book.
- Holiday Inn, 232 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY. Phone: (518) 584-4550 Fax: (518) 580-1924. It is recommended that you reserve your room now and directly with the hotel. Don't forget to mention SUV for our Group Rate. Deadline for discount rate is April 10, 2015. On line reservations and more details on the encampment is posted on the Internet at: http://suvcw.org/ny/encampments/current_encampment/home.htm
- By virtue of the power and authority vested in me as New York Department Commander, I am hereby requesting that all Department Officers, elected and appointed, along with Department Committees, Department Special Committees and Camp Commanders submit their reports. Note, Department Colorbearer, Guide, Guard and Musician are exempt from this order. To improve the running of the encampment business meeting and ensure that all business is conducted properly, all reports should be sent to the Department Secretary by e-mail or by US Mail with a copy to the Department Commander. The reports should be received on or before April 30, 2015. Camp reports shall be submitted at the meeting in written form only. Any recommendations to the Department from elected and Department Officers, Standing and Special Committees, and Camps, will be given in written form or orally, in turn they will be given to the proper encampment committee for review and recommendation to the encampment.
- All elected and Department Officers, Standing and Special Committees, and Camp reports that are submitted on or before April 30, 2015 will be available at the New York Department Encampment for review.
- Reminder, any Camp that has not submitted a correct Camp Annual Report Form 27A with the correct per-capita payment by April 30th, will be considered not in good standing and will not be allowed representation at the Department Encampment.”
- The New York Department welcomes a new camp into our order. The Sgt. Judson Hicks Camp #111, SUVCW is a new camp in Arcadia, NY. The camp is in the final process of obtaining their new charter from our National Order, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War. Interim Commander Daryl VerSteate, and NY Department Secretary Robert Pugsley, PDC have helped to form the new camp. We look forward to welcoming the new camp to the encampment. Congratulations to the new camp and its members!
- Brother Donald G. Zeilman, Department Signals Officer and Editor of the Department Newsletter “The Volunteer” is in the process of publishing the Spring 2015 issue of “The Volunteer”. Please send him your camp newsletters, stories, photos, camp activities or news articles that can be used for the department newsletter. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. His mailing address is 1104 Success Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.