Department Order #8
- Pursuant to Article III, Section 5 of the Department of New York By-laws, the Department Commander is authorized to call a Mid-Year Meeting at some centrally located point for the purpose of discussing and formulating plans for the betterment of the Order, such plans to be submitted to the following annual Department Encampment for such action as a majority vote of those present at said Encampment may decide.
- No funds of the Department may be disbursed at the Mid-Year Meeting and the Department shall be in no way responsible or liable for the traveling expenses of anyone attending the Mid-Year Meeting.
- Over the years the attendance to the mid-year meetings has been low or were canceled due to the inclement weather and many factors such as the distance to travel, holidays, cost of the trip, etc. The last few months I have been contemplating on having a mid-year meeting. I have decided not to call a mid-year meeting this year.
- It is very important that the department be monitored throughout the year. Since we are not having a mid-year meeting, I am therefore again requesting that all Department Officers, elected and appointed, along with Department Committees, Department Special Committees and Camp Commanders submit their mid-year Reports if they have not done so already. Department Color bearer, Guide, Guard and Musician are exempt from this order. Reports should be sent to the Department Commander by e-mail or by US Mail with a copy to the Department Secretary.
- The reports should be brief, but concise with information on your activities. The department will use the reports to see how we are doing for the betterment of our order and for the upcoming encampment.
- Some New York Department mid-year reports have not been received. All New York Department mid-year reports were due on December 15, 2014. See my Department Order #7, number 1, dated November 26, 2014.
- Copies of the mid-year reports will be available at the 132nd NY Department Encampment in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Return to Department of New York Department Orders Page
Return to Department of New York Website Index
Return to Department of New York Home Page
Last updated 24-Jan-2015