Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
The purpose of the office of National Treasurer is to serve as custodian of National Organization monies and investments, to keep accurate financial records and to prepare periodic financial reports.
The activities of the National Treasurer should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Maintain a checking account and all investment accounts in the name of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Incorporated for National Organization funds.
- Receive, hold and account for all monies paid to the National Organization and pay out the same upon approval by the Commander-in-Chief.
- Arrange for an annual audit of the National Organization's financial condition to be prepared and presented to the National Council of Administration and the National Encampment.
- Arrange for the bonding of those National Organizations officers required to be bonded by the Order's Regulations.
- Prepare an annual report to the National Council of Administration and the National Encampment on the financial condition of the National Organization and its investments.
- Investigate periodically and advise the National Council of Administration regarding the availability of more advantageous investment opportunities for the National Organization's investments.
- Prepare an annual operating budget for review and approval by the National Council of Administration and the National Encampment.
- Serve on the National Council of Administration.
- Serve as custodian of National Organization property not otherwise provided for.
- Prepare and transmit accordingly all other financial and other reports as may be required by the Order's Constitution and Regulations, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief, or applicable federal or state laws.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations, Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
- Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the National Treasurer.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers