Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
SENIOR VICE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF
The purpose of the office of Senior Vice Commander-in-Chief (SVC-in-C) is to promote the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War both within and outside the Order.
The activities of the Senior Vice Commander-in-Chief should include the responsibilities
- Serve as chairman of the National Committee on Program and Policy.
- Serve on the National Council of Administration.
- Perform the duties of the Commander-in-Chief in the absence of the Commander-in-Chief.
- Serve as Publisher and Editor of The BANNER.
- Prepare periodic status reports on the activities of the SVC-in-C to be presented to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Council of Administration.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations ("C&R"), Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
- Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the Senior Vice Commander-in-Chief.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers