Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
The purpose of the office of National Secretary is to keep an accurate and impartial record of the proceedings of the National Encampment and National Council of Administration and to carry on all necessary correspondence and administrative matters for the National Organization.
The activities of the National Secretary should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Maintain the charge and custody of the Charter, Papers of Incorporation and Seal of the National Organization.
- Maintain the charge and custody of all records and other property of the National Organization not otherwise provided for by other National Organization officers of the Order.
- Prepare meeting agendas at the Commander-in-Chief's direction and take the minutes of annual National Encampments and meetings of the National Council of Administration.
- Cause the publication of annual National Encampment Proceedings and maintain 1 complete set of all National Encampment Proceedings of the National Organization.
- Prepare monthly summary reports of the financial and numerical strength of the Order and cause the same to be distributed to all members of the National Council of Administration.
- Follow up on delinquent reports required from Department, Camp and Camp-at-Large Secretaries, and the National Membership-at-Large Coordinator and report such delinquencies to the Commander-in-Chief, National Council of Administration and/or National Encampment.
- Review for completeness all Organizer's Reports and Camp, Camp-at-Large and Department Charter Applications submitted for approval to the Commander-in-Chief and arrange for the preparation all such approved Charters.
- Serve as Secretary of the National Council of Administration.
- Prepare and present periodic reports on the activities of the National Secretary to be presented to the National Council of Administration and Commander-in-Chief.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations, Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
- Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the National Secretary.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers