Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
The purpose of the office of National Quartermaster is to act as custodian of National Organization supplies, including dies used to strike badges and medals, to keep an inventory of supplies on hand and to fill orders for same from Brothers as promptly as possible.
The activities of the National Quartermaster should include the responsibilities listed below:
- Receive orders for supplies from Brothers on Form 1 (Price List of Supplies), fill and mail (3rd Class) orders to Brothers, and submit checks received to National Treasurer.
- Order supplies as necessary from responsible vendors and submit invoices to National Treasurer for payment.
- Maintain an adequate supply of padded envelopes, mailing tubes and mailing supplies.
- Maintain a record of all monies expended on supplies and postage.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory on supplies and submit an annual report on same to the National Treasurer in sufficient time so as to be included in the annual Treasurer's report to the National Encampment.
- Review and revise Form 1 annually, making necessary changes in supply items for sale and changes in prices, submitting the updated form to the National Webmaster for immediate posting and also to The BANNER Editor in order that it is printed in the first issue of the year.
- Serve on National Council of Administration as a voting member.
- Take supply of badges and other supplies to the National Encampment, and to as many Department encampments as possible, for sale to the membership.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations, Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
- Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the National Quartermaster.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers