(1) Serve as Chairman of the National Civil War Memorials Committee.
(2) Oversee the collection, organization, and maintenance of a national listing (including a computer database) of Civil War Memorials (as described above), and make this information available upon request.
(3) Encourage Departments and Camps to establish and appoint a Civil War Memorials Officer, at each level, to oversee department-wide and "local" memorial assessment and preservation activities.
(4) Work with fellow National Civil War Memorials Committee members, to assist Department and Camp level efforts to locate, assess, and record the physical condition of Civil War Memorials.
(5) Work with fellow National Civil War Memorials Committee members, to provide guidance to Departments and Camps regarding the observation of care and upkeep for Civil War Memorials - and to bring any shortcomings to the attention of the property owners and community government where the memorial is located.
(6) Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations (C&R), Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
(7) Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
(8) Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and National Encampment, on the activities of the National Civil War Memorials Officer.