Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL COLOR BEARER
The purpose of the office of National Color Bearer is to care for the United States Flag
and to assist the National Guide during the National Encampment.
The activities of the National Color Bearer should include the responsibilities listed
- Place the altar cloth and unopened Bible on the altar prior to the opening of the National Encampment.
- Place the station banners at the stations of the National Organization officers prior to the opening of the National Encampment.
- Assist the National Guide in ascertaining if everyone present is entitled to remain for the National Encampment.
- Present the United States Flag during the Pledge of Allegiance at the National Encampment.
- Attend to the altar and National Organization officer stations by removing the Bible, altar cloth and station banners at the close of the National Encampment.
- Become familiar with the duties of the office as set forth in the Order's Ritual and Ceremonials.
- Carry out orders from the Commander-in-Chief at the National Encampment.
Last Updated 1994
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers