Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL CHIEF OF STAFF
The purpose of the office of National Chief-of-Staff is to oversee and encourage the productivity of all appointed National Organization officers on behalf of and for the Commander- in-Chief.
The activities of the National Chief of Staff should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Become familiar with the duties of all the appointed National Organization officers.
- Monitor the progress of, and assist where necessary, the appointed National Organization officers and Committee Chairmen in completing their assigned duties.
- Apprise the Commander-in-Chief of problems encountered with staff fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations ("C&R"), National Encampment and Commander-in-Chief.
- Prepare periodic status reports to the Commander-in-Chief on the activities of the National Chief of Staff.
- Assure ready access to electronic mail for the transaction of the Order's business.
- Prepare and submit periodic status reports to the Commander-in-Chief on the activities of the National Chief-of-Staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and National Encampment on the activities of the National Chief-of-Staff.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers