Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
The purpose of the office of National Chaplain is to provide leadership and direction in the devotional, commemorative and memorial activities of the National Organization.
The activities of the National Chaplain should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Conduct devotional exercises at a National Encampment.
- Prepare an annual necrology report of deceased National Officers and maintain a file of previously prepared necrology reports.
- Receive and compile necrology reports from the Order's Departments and Camps-at-Large and maintain a file of previously received reports.
- Plan and conduct, in conjunction with the National Chaplain of the Auxiliary to the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (ASUVCW), the memorial exercises conducted at a National Encampment.
- Prepare and submit to Department and Camp-at-Large Chaplains information pertinent to the discharge of their duties.
- Prepare and submit to Department and Camp-at-Large Chaplains letters of instruction regarding the proper observance of Memorial Day.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations ("C&R"), Ritual and Ceremonials, National Encampment and/or Commander-in-Chief.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the National Chaplain.
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers