Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL SIGNALS OFFICER
The purpose of the office of National Signals Officer is to serve as the Order's senior advisor on electronic communication technology and manage the assigned resources in such a manner as to reflect positively on the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War.
The activities of the National Signals Officer shall include:
- Serve as advisor to the Commander-in-Chief and Council of Administration on matters dealing with the effective use of communication options and technological solutions.
- Serve as chairman of the National Committee on Communications and Technology.
- Work with the National Webmaster, and all other officers who shall be responsible for the various technology streams in use by the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War.
- Establish and maintain the currency of the National Communication Technology Policy statement, submitting changes and revisions to the Council of Administration, for consideration, as appropriate.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and evaluate them, with the assistance of the National Committee on Communications and Technology, for potential use by the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War.
- Report regularly to the Commander-in-Chief and Council of Administration.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the National Council of Administration and National Encampment.
Last Updated August 2002
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers