Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL COMMITTEE ON GRAVES REGISTRATION
The purpose of the National Committee on Graves Registration of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War shall be to identify and record the graves of Union Civil War soldiers, sailors and marines and to assist Departments and Camps in the securing of veteran headstones from the federal government.
The National Committee on Graves Registration should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Collect, organize, catalog and maintain a national listing of the graves of Union Civil Veterans, and make this information available to Brothers upon request.
- Assist Departments, Camps and Brothers with procedures and supplying necessary forms to secure veteran headstones for Civil War veterans.
- Provide guidance to Departments, Camps and Brothers regarding proper registering and marking of graves of Civil War veterans.
- Encourage Departments and Camps to establish and appoint Graves Registrations Officers to oversee department-wide and local grave marking and maintenance programs and activities.
- Perform all other related responsibilities assigned by the National Encampment or the Commander-in-Chief.
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the committee.
- Last Updated 2003
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers