Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL COMMITTEE ON FRATERNAL RELATIONS
The purpose of the National Committee on Fraternal Relations of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War is threefold: (a) to promote the highest level of cooperative relations within and between the Allied Orders of the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.), (b) to work cooperatively with all other Civil War hereditary organizations (Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States, Dames of the Loyal Legion of the United States, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Order of the Stars and Bars and the United Daughters of the Confederacy, National Society Daughters of the Union 1861-1865, National Order of the Blue and Gray and GAR Memorial Association) to further good relations, create goodwill and further the objects of the Order, and (c) to encourage support of the Order's programs by the national veterans' organizations.
The activities of the National Committee on Fraternal Relations should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Identify annually the names and addresses of the national heads of all Allied Orders of the G.A.R., Civil War hereditary and veterans' organizations and provide the names and addresses to the Commander-in-Chief and National Executive Director.
- Provide historical and membership information on the Order to each of the identified organizations.
- Arrange to have a complimentary copy of the Banner provided to each of the national heads of the Allied Orders of the G.A.R., Civil War hereditary and veterans' organizations.
- Invite, on behalf of the Commander-in-Chief, representatives from the organizations to attend the Order's national ceremonies and programs and attend, at the request of the Commander-in-Chief, national ceremonies and programs of the other organizations on behalf of the Order.
- Apprise the Commander-in-Chief of dates and locations of national ceremonies of the Allied Orders of the G.A.R., Civil War hereditary and national veterans' organizations.
- Prepare and submit a written annual report to the Commander-in-Chief and the National Encampment on the activities of the Committee.
- Last Updated 2003
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers