Sketches of War History
- A Prologue - The Utah Campaign - Brevet Major James Stewart, U.S.A.
- Early Days; or The School of the Soldier - Brevet Major Augustus M. Van Dyke.
- Boyish Recollections of the War - Dr. Lawrence C. Carr.
- Reminiscences of Life in Rebel Prisons (Concluded) - Colonel M.A. Cochran, U.S.A.
- Sixteen Months a Prisoner of War - Brevet Lieutenant Colonel A.W. McCormick.
- From Macon, Ga., to the Gulf - First LiutenantWilliam M. Murray.
- Johnson's Island, Military Prison for Confederate Prisoners - First Lieutenant E.O. Mitchell.
- Perryville and the Kentucky Campaign of 1962 - Brevet Major F.B. James.
- A Naval Battle Off Memphis, Tenn. - Lieutenant Colonel George E. Currie.
- General Butler at New Orleans, 1862 - Captain Charles B. Childe.
- A Fruitless Victory - Brevet Major Augustus M. Van Dyke.
- The Battle of Champion's Hill - First Lieutenant T.J. Williams.
- From Stafford Heights to Gettysburg, 1863 - Brevet Major Leonidas M. Jewett.
- In Pursuit of John Morgan - Brevet Colonel Theodore F. Allen.
- The Battle of Collierville - Captain E.O. Hurd.
- The Battle of Monocacy, July 9, 1864 - Brevet Brigadier General B.R. Cowen.
- The Battle of Franklin, Tenn. - Captain M.C. Hutchins.
- The Battle of Nashville, with Personal Recollections of a Field Hospital - Brevet Captain S.C. Ayres.
- The Cavalry of the Army of the Potomac - First Lieutenant A.B. Isham.
- The Regular Brigade of the Army of the Cumberland - Brevet Major L.M. Hosea.
- The One Hundred Days Men of Ohio - Brevet Brigadier General B.R. Cowen.
- Recollections of an Adjutant - Brevet Colonel Cornelius Cadle.
- The Battle of Shiloh - Brevet Brigadier General A. Hickenlooper.
- With Fremont in Missouri - Major James L. Foley.
- Restoring the Flag at Fort Sumter - Captain David R. Hunt.
- This volume contains maps to accompany the papers therein as follows: Corinth and vicinity; location of troops at Shiloh; Zagonyi's charge at Springfield, Missouri; and a view of the movement of the Fifth Ohio Battery at Shiloh.
Sketches of War History, 1861-1865. Papers read before the Ohio Commandry of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. 1896-1903. Edited by Major W.H. Chamberlin, Brevet Major, A.M. Van Dyke and Captain George A. Thayer, Publication Committee. Published by the Commandery. Volume V. Cincinnati: Robert Clarke and Company. 1903.
Return to the MOLLUS War Papers Index