Military Essays and Recollections
- WAR MEMORIES. - By HON. THOMAS B. BLYAN, Companion of the Third Class
- THE FIRST SABRE CHARGE OF THE WAR. - By JULIUS WHITE, Brigadier-General and Brevet Major-General, U.S.V.
- THE BATTLE OF MALVERN HILL. - By SAMUEL APPLETON, First Lieutenant Twelfth Massachusetts Infantry, U.S.V.
- ON TO RICHMOND IN 1862. By ISRAEL N. STILES, Colonel Sixty-third Indiana Infantry and Brevet Brigadier-General, U.S.V.
- SIGEL'S FIGHT AT NEW MARKET, VA. - By CHARLES FITZ-SIMONS, Lieutenant-Colonel Twenty-first New York Cavalry and Brevet Brigadier-General, U.S.V.
- THE BATTLES OF GROVETON AND SECOND BULL RUN. - By RICHARD ROBINS, Captain Thirty-ninth Infantry, U.S.A.
- A SCRAP OF GETTYSBURG. - By RICHARD S. THOMPSON, Lieutenant-Colonel Twelfth New Jersey Infantry, U.S.V.
- THE PETERSBURG MINE. - By WALTER C. NEWBERRY, Colonel Twenty-fourth New York Cavalry and Brevet Brigadier-General, U.S.V.
- THE BATTLE OF REAM'S STATION. - By GEORGE K. DAUCHY, First Lieutenant Twelfih New York Independent Battery, U.S.V. On-line
- FRAGMENT FROM THE ARMY OF THE POTOMAC. - By JOHN J. ABERCROMBIE, First Lieutenant One Hundred and Twenty-seventh New York Infantry, U.S.V.
- MY HERO. - By JAMES L. HIGH, First Lieutenant and Adjutant Forty-ninth Wisconsin Infantry, U.S.V.
- REMINISCENCES OF A SURGEON. - By HORACE WARDNER, Major and Surgeon Twefth Illinois Infantry and Brevet Lieutenant-Colonel, U.S.V. On-line
- THE KENTUCKY UNIONIST. - By ELIJAH S. WATTS, Lieutenant-Colonel Second Kentucky Cavalry, U.S.V.
- RECOLLECTIONS OF THE PEA RIDGE CAMPAIGN. - By JOHN D. CRABTREE, Captain Third Missouri Cavalry and Brevet Major U.S.V.
- SOME BATTLE RECOLLECTIONS OF STONE'S RIVER. - By HENRY V. FREEMAN, Captain Twelfth United States Colored Infantry
- PERSONAL RECOLLECTIONS OF VICKSBURG. - By WILLIAM L. B. JENNEY, Captain and Additional Aide-de-Camp and Brevet Major, U.S.V.
- THE NASHVILLE CAMPAIGN. - By EPHRAIM A. OTIS, Captain and Assistant Adjutant-General, U.S.V.
- MAJOR-GENERAL GEORGE H. THOMAS. - By GEORGE R. PECK, Captain Thirty-first Wisconsin Infantry, U.S.V.
- A SKETCH OF NAVAL LIFE. - By JOHN A. GRIER, Chief Engineer, U.S.N.
- SOMETHING ABOUT OUR NAVY. - By DAVID P. JONES, Chief Engineer, U.S.N.
- OUR GERMAN SOLDIERS. - By WILLIAM VOCKE, Caplain Twenty-fourth Illinois Infantry, U.S.V.
- THE NEGRO IN THE WAR OF THE REBELLION. - By ABIAL R. ABBOTT, First Lieutenant Battery I, Illinois Light Artdlery, U.S.V.
- OUR COMMANDERS. - By JOHN S. WILCOX, Colonel Fifty-second Illinois Infantry and Brevet Brigadier-General, U.S.V.
- THE BOYS OF 1861 AND THEIR BOYS. - By ROBERT W. MCCLAUGHRY, Major and Additional Paymaster, U.S.V.
- REMINISCENCES OF THE FIRST YEAR OF THE WAR IN MISSOURI. - By OLIVER W. NIXON, Major and Surgeon Thirty-ninth Ohio Infantry, U.S.V.
- A LEAF FROM ARMY LIFE. - By W. A. JENKINS, Lieutenant-Colonel Fifth Kansas Cavalry, U.S.V.
- MY SIXTY DAYS IN HADES. - By HENRY H. BELFIELD, First Lieutenant and Adjutant Eighth Iowa Cavalry, U.S.V.
- THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES. - By ROBERT C. HALL, Colonel Fourth infantry, U.S.A., and Brigadier-General U.S.V.
Military Essays and Recollections. Papers Read before the Commandery of the State of Illinois, Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. Published by the Commandery. Volume 3. Chicago: The Dial Press 1899.
Return to the MOLLUS War Papers Index