Military Essays and Recollections
- The Capture of Alexandria and the Death of Ellsworth - By Edward B. Knox, Brevet Lieutenant Colonel U.S.A.
- Washington at the Time of the First Bull Run - By Arba N. Waterman, Lieutenant Colonel 100th IL Inf. U.S.V. On-line
- March of the Cavalry From Harper's Ferry Sept. 14, 1862 - By William M. Luff, Brevet Major U.S.V.
- The Battle of Chancellorsville - By Huntingtn W. Jackson, Brevet Lieutenant Colonel U.S.V.
- The First Gun at Gettysburg - By John L. Beveridge, Brevet Brigadier General U.S.V.
- The Opening Hours in the Wilderness in 1864 - By Sartell Prentice, Brevet Major U.S.A.
- The Defence of Washington Against Early's Attack in July, 1864 - By Martin D. Hardin, Brigadier General U.S.AV.
- The Expeditions Against Fort Fisher and Wilmington - By Edson J. Harkness, Brevet Major U.S.V.
- The Old Vermont Brigade - By Aldace F. Walker, Lieutenant Colonel 1st VT Heavy Art. U.S.V.
- The Blockading Service - By Horatio L. Wait, Paymaster U.S.N.
- The Beginnings of an Illinois Volunteer Regiment in 1861 - By George L. Paddock, Major 11th Inf. U.S.C.T.
- Campaign of the Army of the Frontier - By Joseph B. Leake, Brevet Brigadier General U.S.V.
- The Army of the Southwest and the Battle of Pea Ridge - By Edward A. Blodgett, Brevet Captain U.S.V.
- The Campaign Against Vicksburg - By William E. Strong, Brevet Brigadier General U.S.V.
- An American Soldier, Minor Millikin - By Alexander C. McClurg, Brevet Brigadier General U.S.V.
- The Battle of Corinth - By Augustus L. Chetlain, Brevet Major General U.S.V.
- With Sherman's Cavalry - By Smith D. Atkins, Brevet Major General U.S.V.
- A Colored Brigade in the Campaign and Battle of Nashville - By Henry V. Freeman, Captain 12th Inf. U.S.C.T.
- Woman and the Rebellion - By Alfred T. Andreas, 1st Lieutenant 12th IL Inf. U.S.V.
- Our Boys in the War - By John C. Black, Brevet Brigadier General U.S.V.On-line
- The Negro as a Soldier - By William Eliot Furness, Major and Judge Advocate U.S.V.
- The Unremembered Soldier - By William Sooy Smith, Brigadier General U.S.V. On-line
- Some Corrections of Grant's Memoirs as Regards General George H. Thomas - By John H. Sherratt, Captain 42nd Inf. U.S.C.T.
- The Soldier's Place in Civilization - By Francis A. Riddle, First Lieutenant 93rd Inf. U.S.C.T.
Military Essays and Recollections. Papers Read before the Commandery of the State of Illinois, Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. Published by the Commandery. Volume 2. Chicago: A.C. McClurg and Co. 1894.
Return to the MOLLUS War Papers Index