Military Essays and Recollections
- Recollections of General U.S. Grant - By Augustus L. Chetlain, Brevet Major-General U.S.V.
- Episodes and Characters in an Illinois Regiment - By Lucien B. Crooker, Captain 55th IL Inf. U.S.V.
- What a Boy saw on the Mississippi - By Eliot Callendar, Acting Ensign U.S.N.
- Fort Donelson and its Surrender - By John T. McAuley, Captain 55th IL Inf. U.S.V.
- New Madrid and Island No.10 - By Charles W. Davis, Lieutenant-Colonel 51st IL Inf. U.S.V.
- Shiloh - By George Mason, Brevet Major U.S.V.
- The "Ifs and Buts" of Shiloh - By Alfred T. Andreas, First Lieutenant and Quartermaster 12th IL Inf. U.S.V.
- The "Merrimac" and the "Monitor" - By Isreal N. Stiles, Brevet Brigadier-General U.S.V.
- What I saw Under a Flag of Truce - By Horace H. Thomas, Captain and Assisstant Adjutant-General U.S.V.
- The Battle of Gettysburg - By Huntington W. Jackson, Brevet Lieutenant-Colonel U.S.V.
- Reminiscences of Fort Sumter - By Horatio L. Wait, Paymaster U.S.N.
- The Siege of Fort Wagner - By William Eliot Furness, Major and Judge Advocate U.S.V.
- The Battle of Chickamauga - By Arba N. Waterman, Lieutenant-Colonel 100th IL Inf. U.S.V.
- In and Out of Libby Prison - By Charles Warrington Earle, Brevet Captain U.S.V.
- An Artilleryman's Recollections of the Battle of Atlanta - By Richard S. Tuthill, First Lieutenant 1st MI Art. U.S.V.
- The Death of General James B. McPherson - By William E. Strong, Brevet Brigadier-General U.S.V.
- Some Recollections of a Southern Prison - By Joseph B. Leake, Brevet Brigadier-General U.S.V.
- The Last Chance for the Confederacy - By Alexander C. McClurg, Brevet Brigadier-General U.S.V.
- General George H. Thomas - By Ephraim A. Otis, Captain and Assisstant Adjutant-General U.S.V.
- The Last Days of the Rebellion - By Philip H. Sheridan, General U.S.A.
- Those who Fought Without Guns - By Arthur Edwards, Captain 1st MI Inf. U.S.V.
- Two Stone Walls, From a Seaside View - BY James Nevins Hyde, Assistant Surgeon U.S.N.
- The United States Sanitary Commission - By Ezra B. Cagg, President of the Northwestern Branch of the United States Sanitary Commission
- Costs and Compensations of the War - By Thomas F. Barr, Lieutenant-Colonel and Deputy Judge Advocate, General U.S.A.
Military Essays and Recollections. Papers Read before the Commandery of the State of Illinois, Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. Published by the Commandery. Volume I. Chicago: A.C. McClurg and Co. 1891.
Return to the MOLLUS War Papers Index