General Orders No. 21
Kent L. Armstrong, Commander-in-Chief
213 E. Madison Street / P.O. Box 618
DeWitt, MI 48820-0618
(517) 669-5765 = Voice
(517) 669-1865 = Fax
- It has been my great pleasure to sign Charters for the following new Camps within our Order.
Private Elias Moon Camp-at-Large 2, located at Snellville, GA with Date of Rank from March 3, 2004. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother Eric B. Peterson, Camp Organizer.
Thomas E. Bowman Camp 12, located at Durango, CO with Date of Rank from March 29, 2004. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother James Davenport, Camp Organizer.
Cadot - Blessing Camp 126, located at Gallipolis, OH with Date of Rank from April 21, 2004. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother James W. Oiler, Camp Organizer.
Jeremiah Smith Camp 1, located at Oklahoma City, OK with Date of Rank from April 28, 2004. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother Mike Rusk, Camp Organizer.
Sergeant Norman F. Bates Camp 64, located at Grinnell, IA with Date of Rank from May 25, 2004. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother Michael D. Hayes, Camp Organizer.
- The National World War II Memorial was dedicated in Washington, D.C. on May 29th and it was an honor to be present and sign over 50 certificates for presentation to SUVCW Brothers across the country, in recognition of their service during WWII. I hope that space can be provided in a future issue of The BANNER, to share a roster of these Brothers with reference to the units they were assigned to. Two of these gentlemen are veterans of the "D-Day" assault on Normandy, the 60th anniversary being observed this year.
- Congratulations have been sent to Jeffrey Albanese of Goshen, NY and Benjamin Stow of Thornton, PA, recipients of the SUVCW's two annual $1,000 scholarships toward college tuition & books. I commend the members of our National Scholarship Committee, who had the difficult task of making these selections from 89 worthy candidates who applied.
- All Brothers are encouraged to observe Flag Day. June 14, 2004 marks the 25th "Annual Pause for the Pledge of Allegiance" (7:00 p.m. EDT).
- A tentative schedule for our 123rd National Encampment has been posted to the SUVCW Web site and should appear in this issue of The BANNER.
- The National Council of Administration (CoA) will conduct its annual Pre-Encampment meeting, starting at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 12, in the "Iowa City Room" at the Collins Plaza Hotel, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- My respect and BEST wishes for successful and productive Encampments/Conventions goes out to all of the Allied Orders of the Grand Army of the Republic. It has been a pleasure to serve in the interests of "F., C., and L.," with: National President Danielle Michaels, Auxiliary to Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (ASUVCW); National President Lynne Bury, Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic (LGAR); National President Donna Vaughn, Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War 1861-1865 (DUVCW); and National President Margaret Lauth, Woman' Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic (WRC).
Ordered this 10th day of June, 2004.
By Order of:
Kent L. Armstrong
Edward Krieser, PCinC
Return to Index of General Orders