General Orders No. 9
Stephen A. Michaels, Commander-in-Chief
6623 S. North Cape Road
Franklin, WI 53132-1227
Phone: (414) 425-4648
- On July 10, 1947, Comrade John R. Grate, Commander-in-Chief of the Grand Army of the Republic, published his General Order 4. In it, he reminded his Departments that the Allied Orders should be arranged in official programs in the following manner:
- Woman's Relief Corps,
- Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic,
- Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War,
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War,
- Auxiliary to Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War.
- In keeping with the Grand Army's traditions and wishes, we should be especially sensitive to this protocol when planning events involving other members of the Allied Orders.
Ordered this 6th day of December 2004.
By Order of:
Stephen A. Michaels
Michael S. Bennett, PDC
Return to Index of General Orders