Sons of Union Veterans of The Civil War
Office of the Commander-in-Chief
LEO F KENNEDY
43 BEVERLY CIRCLE
GREENVILLE , RHODE ISLAND 02828
General Order #7
27 November 2009
- I am honored to report the hard work of Brother Jerome Kowalski has been approved in the form of a Chaplin’s Handbook to be place online for the use of the Brothers of the Order. This guide is available for our use in the many religious aspects of the Order. Brother Kowalski’s hard work on this project was inspirational.
- I am also proud to report Patriotic Instructor handbooks are now available online for your use. Approved by the National Patriotic Instructor Don Martin, these are the hard work of Brother Bruce Butgereit. Please review these booklets for the inspirational messages they offer. My thanks go out to both Brothers for their great work.
- Membership Application Forms – Brothers, we need to make sure we are using the updated version of these forms. Changes have occurred over the past years for many reasons, but all have strengthened the application form. At the end of the 2010 National Encampment in Kansas, any older version of an application being received will need to be returned and the applicant will be asked to complete the most recent version. These are available on the SUVCW.ORG website.
- When reporting new Brothers to National, please remember to send a copy of the application along with the Form 30 and check for inclusion into the database. The same holds true for Duel membership – an application and check need to be included. Any Brother changing from Associate to Member needs to include a copy of his ancestral documentation.
- Life Membership reimbursement will be using a new form. The form will be sent to the Department and the Department MUST get the form out as soon as possible to the Camps that are eligible for reimbursement. No reimbursements will be posted after the deadline. The current form may still be used this year; however the new form will be the only form that can be used after June 30, 2010.
Ordered this 27th Day of November, 2009.
Leo F. Kennedy
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
National Order, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Return to Index of General Orders