1. My headquarters is established at 501 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY 14850, Telephone: 607-272-7314. Mail requiring the personal attention of the Commander-in-Chief should be addressed there.
2. The Order provides your C-in-C with the opportunity and means to award two scholarships each year to deserving youth. Each scholarship is awarded for tuition and books to high school seniors and collage students contingent upon their enrollment at an accredited four year collage or university. Applications blanks are available from me at the above address or by electronic form at http://suvcw.org. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2000. Selection will be made by me in consultation with the Order's National Scholarship Committee. Shortly after June 30, 2000, checks will be written.
3. I have formed two more Special National Committees that I feel will make the National Order more efficient. The first is the National Award for Most Outstanding Brother Committee. The Chairman of this Committee is.
A letter has been mailed to all Department Commanders explaining that candidates' name must be submitted no later then June 30, 2000.
The second is the Best Newsletter Committee. All newsletters are to be sent to me. I will review them and then send them on to the Committee for review. The Chairman for this Committee is Jeff Nix.
4. All Department Secretary's please report all new Camps within your Department to our Camp and Department Organizer:
Please include the name of the Brother who served as Camp Organizer. He will receive a certificate that I have prepared for this service. Two certificates have been awarded already to Department of California, one to Brother Lynn Hoadley for organizing the General W.S. Rosecrans Camp #2, and one to Brother Donald Scholl for organizing the General Alfred Pleasantion Camp #24. Let's see a lot more new Camps in our organization this year.
5. As we all know, Camps and Departments have problems in retaining members. We need to as an organization key in on the new member and make him feel wanted. Too many times we sign them up then don't communicate with them. Communication is inexpensive and pays big dividends.
6. The following Brothers have been appointed National Aides for recruiting five (5) or more members: Jeffery E. Sams, Ken Richmond, and Harley Crain.
7. I would like to commend the Iowa Department in its quest to preserve the battle flags from their state. Anyone interested in donating can e-mail Steve Sprague Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Order of:
Danny L. Wheeler