- It is my honor and privilege to be elected your Commander-in-Chief for the upcoming year, a year that will take us to our 125th Anniversary. My deepest gratitude to the delegates for their faith in me to lead what I consider the best Brotherhood in the world for the next year. We have accomplished much and have still more to accomplish in the coming years. All correspondence requiring the attention of the Commander-in-Chief should be sent to the above address.
- My thanks to the Department of New Hampshire for hosting the Encampment, the Credentials Committee for another outstanding job, and the National Site Committee for all their hard work this year.
- On behalf of the Order I wish to congratulation all the new Presidents of the Allied Orders. I look forward to working with all the Allied Orders to perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic.
- All business correspondence should be directed to the National Executive Director, Lee Walters, P.O. Box 1865, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1865.
- All supply requisitions, with payment, are to be sent to the National Quartermaster, Danny Wheeler, PCINC, 501 Willow Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850.
- All billing for payment and tax-deductible donations to various funds of our National Order are to be sent to the National Treasurer, Max L. Newman, 4995 E. Wilkinson Road, Owosso, MI, 48867-9616.
- All purchase requests for the SUVCW Eagle Scout Certificate are to be sent, with payment, to our National Quartermaster, Danny L. Wheeler at the address in item 5.
- All Civil War Memorials grant requests are to be sent to the senior elected member of our National Council of Administration: David Stephen, 3207 Waveland Drive NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
- All purchase requests for the SUVCW ROTC award are to be sent, with payment, to the National Patriotic Instructor, Bruce B. Butgereit, 1691 Summerfield Street, Kentwood, MI 49508-6499.
- The deaths of Brothers are to be reported to our National Chaplain, Jerry W. Kowalski, 206 E. Grantley, Elmhurst, IL 60126 (PapTom@msn.com) Please include the deceased's name, date of death, Camp and Department.
- A roster of all elected and appointed National Officers and Committee members for the 2005-2006 administrative year can be found on the National Website: www.suvcw.org
- Please see the ad for Remembrance Day in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. There will be a Council of Administration meeting held at the Eisenhower Inn on the Sunday following at 8:00 a.m.
- Camps and Departments should ensure that Memorial Day activities are carried out in accordance with the wishes of the Grand Army of the Republic. Let us be sure that their actions and sacrifices are "kept ever green in our memory."
- We have much to do in the year. The Department of Pennsylvania is working hard to make the upcoming Encampment "one to remember!" Start making plans to attend the 125th National Encampment in Harrisburg, PA.
Ordered this 7th day of August 2005
By Order of:
Donald E. Darby
Michael S. Bennett, PDC
Return to Index of General Orders